Updated 3.23.2021 at 4:19 PM CDT
Gathering Church Meeting Procedures
Our procedures are based on Governor Abbott’s guidelines, issued in May 2020. As the global health situation remains fluid, we appreciate your patience as we navigate this time of change.
- Sunday Worship Services will be offered weekly at 10am in the Lakeview Event and Conference Center. The service will be streamed live on Facebook each week, and sermon podcasts are also available. We urge all at-risk members of the Gathering family to stay safe and watch from the comfort of their home. We also request that anyone who is unwell or displaying any Covid-related symptoms stay home.
- Our Gathering Kids children’s ministry will be available, with check in prior to the service and pick up afterward. As always, all volunteers undergo a background check prior service.
- The Tiny Gathering nursery will not be open at this time, but we will have a small family area available in the lobby if your child becomes restless during the service.
- Student ministry will meet Wednesdays evenings at 6.30pm.
- Bible Studies will be held in small groups in-person or optionally digital via Google Meet.
- While the governor has lifted the mask mandate, individual establishments are free to require masks. At this time, the Lakeview Event and Conference Center has elected to require everyone over the age of 10 to wear masks upon entrance to the facility.
- Upgraded cleaning protocol will be in place along with all signage required by state and local government.
- All current spaces will be set-up at 6ft distance between family units.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if someone tests positive for COVID-19 and has attended a Sunday service, small group, or event at Gathering Church?
If the church is informed of an exposure, we will make every effort to contact those who may have come in contact with the infected individual.
Q: I have a pre-existing condition, but I want to attend events in person. Is that okay?
Each person should carefully evaluate the risk of exposure and possible ramifications for their personal well-being before returning to church.
Q: What if I don’t feel comfortable attending services in person yet?
We get it. The timing may not be right for everyone yet. We still love our members who are limiting public interactions and we encourage them to join us online for weekly services and to stay in touch by email or on social media.
Q: Are reservations required?
No, as we are a small body we are not currently surpassing the occupancy restrictions on the space we use at the Lakeview Event and Conference Center.